Followers

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Marching Confederates


American Civil War Confederate infantry marching by Strelets in 1/72nd scale plastic.


While railroads played an important role in strategic transportation in the Civil War, most troops moved from place to place on foot.


This set includes one command sprue and three infantry sprues.


Command sprue includes a drummer and officer with sword.


Keeping the troops together on a long day of marching was important.


It was too easy for stragglers to just fall farther and farther to the rear and eventually just fade away.


These figures are all essentially one pose, troops marching along.


Still, they work for both marching along enroute to the next battle, or walking picket duty, or maneuvering around the battlefield.


The figures are nice individual vignettes of troops on the march.


A great set, and I know I will be buying more of them.

2 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I´m sorely tempted to buy this and the others in strelets new ACW range and expand my ACW old School Forces. My only Reservation with the sets..the single command sprue.
Happy X-mas Mike

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

The single command sprue is not a problem for me, I use large units anyway. Also, Strelets made both Union and Confederate command sets, so buy one of each and get more generals then you will ever need.
Bunkermeister