Followers

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Swiss Airliner, WWII


Here is a start on the airplane crew.  Stewardess and pilot and co-pilot.


Passengers still in the process of painting, but laid out to see who fits best where.  The side of the figure next to the window has to have his arms down and in to account for the curvature of the fuselage.  I am also working on the color palette so that I don't have three people wearing purple next to one another. Carpet has the first layer of red paint.


Painting continues and you can see the figures are nearly done.  A second layer of carpet paint has been applied.  I think I ended up with five layers to cover the white, no primer.


I am leaving most of the interior white, I am planning on Swiss markings for the plane, so a red and white motif seems a good idea.  It also means I don't have to paint it all since the plastic is a very nice gloss white.  Also I want the light to reflect around inside and the white will help with that.


Crew is done, cockpit is nearly finished.

No comments: