Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Tracks


Another Matchbox re-run.


The US Army experimented with tracks like these in the past.


The concept was that you could take existing wheeled vehicles and make them into tracked vehicles to operate in snow or mud.


I got these to use the tracks for Army vehicles.


I like these white ones and will probably keep a few just like this as civilian exploration vehicles.


Here they are with Esci 1/72nd Warsaw Pact Troops.


They are nice little vehicles.


The roof is semi-clear and needs to be painted.

4 comments:

Pete. said...

Thanks again for the heads up. I think I'll try to find one to use the track assembly for a Land Rover conversion, not perfect but close enough for my purposes.

Cheers,

Pete.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Close enough it good enough most of the time.
Bunkermeister

Pete. said...

Definitely Mike: I'm happy to say a trip to the pound (£1) store found me one, then I popped along to the model shop to get a Land Rover, I hope to start work on the conversion this week.

Cheers,

Pete.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Sweet!
Bunkermeister