Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Diving Bells



My deep sea diving bell project project continues. I set them up for primer painting.




I put a little dab of modelling clay on the table and smashed the top side of the bell into it.



That way I could spray on the primer and not have the bell roll away. Each bell is different as real bells seem to have been custom built.


The sphere is wood and the other bits are plastic, with the exception of the viewports which are metal eyelets.



A bit of sprue bent around the bell makes a nice solid framework. Since these are wooden I am priming them several times to cover the wood grain.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Bunkermesiter:
These are coming along marvelously...now, about the dinosaur?

Carry on.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I have plenty of dinosaurs all done.