Followers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nose Weights


I built a Gigant WWII German glider. The model is very tail heavy and so I wanted to put weights in the nose so it would sit nicely on the wargame table. A visit to a model RR shop got these lead weights. They are used as ballast for train car models.

It took a load of them and I wanted them to look nice when the nose is open. So I stacked them up and built a box around them.


Using sheet styrene, I built a "wooden" box, and then wrapped it up in rubber bands.

A quick test fit on the box in the nose.



2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Bunkermeister:
Looks like a winner there.
Being a former model railroader, I recognized those weights from the git-go...lol.

Nice to see they DO have other uses.

Keep 'em flying!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I always keep a supply of lead and washers for model use.