Followers

Monday, February 8, 2010

M47 AVLB


The M-47 medium tank and the M59 armored personnel carrier did not serve for long in the US Army.


Still they are an important part of our historical Cold War arsenals.


I took a few M59 from Roskopf and added some Roco machine guns and other detail bits to spice them up a tad.



One of the M47s I have converted into an AVLB. I used the Roco M48 AVLB and transferred the bridge and equipment to make a bridge launcher. I figure it was a prototype that would have been done before series production with the M48 was undertaken, proof of concept as it were. If the Cold War went hot, it would not be unreasonable to think such a conversion would have been made and used in combat.


All those M38 Jeeps I have need a little back up sometimes.

No comments: